A previous post explains my current project, which is an altered book journal. I am doing this as part of a workshop. There are several layers that I have applied and I am nearly done. Since I am not quite done, I would like to share the middle stage. It is pictured below.
The front cover started with a collage of magazine cut outs, layered onto one another. Then I painted over those and added another layer of scrapbook paper cut outs, and painted on top of those. I also included some gloss varnish and gesso for more texture. Now I will do some more painting and add embellishments.
The back cover has scrapbook paper of sheet music. I am going to layer a map on top of that. I am not sure about the shape yet. I took a map class yesterday and am going to incorporate what I learned on the back cover.
I will post the final product when I am done.
Have a great weekend!